Architecture -- Louisiana -- New Orleans
Found in 41 Collections and/or Records:
This collection of records from the Women’s Auxiliary of the New Orleans Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, founded in 1947 and now defunct, includes meeting minutes, activity announcements, photographs, and other memorabilia. A majority of the records are in relation to the Beaux Arts Ball, an event held annually to raise money to fund a travel scholarship in the Tulane School of Architecture. The auxiliary dissolved in 1988.
This collection of original drawings, by New Orleans architect Allison Owen, Sr. (1869-1951), mostly includes charcoal sketches made while studying at Tulane University in the late 1880s. Sketches are mostly of plaster casts of classical statuary and architectural fragments. There are also two watercolor drawings of designs for the Confederate Memorial Hall on Camp Street in New Orleans.
This collection of records from the New Orleans Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA founded 1857; New Orleans Chapter founded 1910) includes membership rosters, correspondence of officers, publications, photographic prints used in the 1959 AIA publication A Guide to Architecture of New Orleans, 1699-1959, by Samuel Wilson, Jr., and negatives of copy photographs used for a 1957 AIA exhibition A Century of Architecture in New Orleans.
This collection includes eleven sheets of project drawings from Arthur M. Owen, for 1980 alterations to the Orpheum Theater at 129 University Place, New Orleans, Louisiana. Mylar copies of original 1918 Orpheum plans by architect Sam Stone, Jr. are also maintained.
This collection of records from New Orleans architects Benson and Riehl (Herbert A. Benson, 1888-1961; George J. Riehl, 1899-1973)'s office, as well as records from predecessor and successor offices, includes drawings, photographs, and presentation renderings for commercial, residential, and social projects in New Orleans, across Louisiana, and throughout the United States.
The collection consists of academic and personal papers of Tulane Professor of Architecture, Bernard Lemann. Included are correspondence, manuscripts and typescripts of reports, galley proofs, handwritten notes, and other research, photocopies, printed material, and newspaper clippings.
This artificial collection comprises original handwritten and typescript specifications for building projects, namely residences, hotels, and businesses in Louisiana, which were transferred from the Louisiana Research Collection (LaRC). Some buildings and architects are identified, others are not.
This articifial collection includes original photographic prints that show Louisiana architectural subjects, and include buildings in or near New Orleans, Louisiana. Works by J.D. Edwards, Reverend C. Booker, and Theodore Lilienthal are maintained.
This collection includes project drawings for the Goldring-Woldenberg Hall of the A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana. The building was designed by Concordia Architects of New Orleans in 1985-1986.
This collection of records from New Orleans architect Edward F. Sporl (1881-1956)'s office, as well as records from predecessor and successor offices, include project drawings and specifications for institutional, commercial, and residential commissions; yacht drawings; and professional correspondence.
This collection of records, from the office of noted New Orleans architect Emile Weil (1878-1945), includes various project drawings of academic, business, commercial, and residential buildings. Projects include Touro Synagogue, Canal Commercial Trust Company Building, and the Saenger Theater, New Orleans. Research files concerning Weil’s professional career, as compiled by his daughter Isabel Weil Kohlmeyer, are also maintained.
This collection includes project drawings, from New Orleans architect Francis J. MacDonnell (1872-1929), for the First Baptist Church building (3436 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA) and drawings for the E.T. Barry residence (447 Audubon Street, New Orleans).
This collection consists of 16” x 20” copy photographic prints of New Orleans and Louisiana architectural subjects. Photos date to late 19th century through 1960s and consist of a set of 10 volumes for New Orleans, and 9 volumes for Louisiana plantation houses and subjects outside New Orleans.
This collection of records, from New Orleans interior designer Harry L. Moses' office, mostly includes professional project drawings of business, commercial, and residential buildings and alterations. Projects were done in New Orleans, throughout Louisiana, and a few cities throughout the United States. Scattered correspondence and specifications are also maintained.
This collection of records from New Orleans architect Henry Krotzer, Jr. (1926-2012)'s office includes project drawings and correspondence done under his own name. Drawings and correspondence range from the late 1980s through the 2000s. Commissions include many consultations for the Hermann-Grima House in New Orleans, other cultural institutions, residences and plantations, and religious and medical buildings.
This collection of photographic prints, made by New Orleans photographer Howard “Cole” Coleman (1883-1969), includes views of Louisiana architecture, particularly New Orleans buildings and plantation houses outside New Orleans. Views of Mardi Gras/Carnival, Louisiana, other personages, and other subjects are also maintained. Prints are gelatin silver, 8” x 10”, and are organized by volume.
This collection includes blueprint copies of original 1886 drawings for Howard Memorial Library, New Orleans, Louisiana, by Henry Hobson Richardson (1838-1886) of Boston, architect. Blueprint copies for shelving in the library’s annex from the 1930s, and an original 1932 drawing by Clare Hightower for a garden (intended for the space later occupied by the annex, but likely unexecuted) are also maintained.
This collection includes a foundation plan, dated 1892, and two letters from builders Charles Garvey and O’Neil and Koch, dated 1892 and 1893, concerning proposals for constructing an addition to the Lane Cotton Mills building, New Orleans, Louisiana.
This collection of records from New Orleans architect Martin Shepard (1875-1962)'s office, as well as Shepard and Riblet, includes project drawings for residences, businesses, and various schools. Projects were done in New Orleans, as well as throughout Louisiana and Mississippi. Professional and personal correspondence and specifications are also maintained.
This collection consists of drawings, designs, and stencils for woodcarving; blueprints for specific architectural commissions; photographs; handwritten letters; notes; pamphlets; stationery; postmarked envelopes; clippings; photocopies of clippings; and a certificate as well as other material collected by Maurice Heullant. Also included are two issues of the journal Art & décoration (November 1929 and April 1930).
This collection of records from New Orleans architect Maurice Singer (1922-1980)'s office, as well as those from Pique and Singer (Harold E. Pique 1921-2001), includes mostly residential projects and some small commercial structures. New Orleans encompasses the majority of projects, but buildings throughout Louisiana are also reflected.
This collection includes photographic prints of typical New Orleans doorways, made by Tulane University architecture student, Michael Barba, in 1987. Prints are black and white gelatin silver prints, 6” x 9” in size, with specific sites in New Orleans unidentified. Photographs were made by Barba as partial credit for a course in the Tulane School of Architecture taught by Milton G. Scheurermann, Jr.
This collection includes drawings by New Orleans architect and educator Nathaniel C. Curtis, Sr. (1881-1953), which were mostly made as illustrations for his book New Orleans, Its Old Houses, Shops, and Public Buildings (Philadelphia, 1927). Among the drawings is the original map reproduced as a fold-out insert in the volume. His diplomas are also maintained.