Jefferson Parish (La)
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains files, photographs, and correspondence of the Jefferson Democratic Association, a political organization in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, founded and led by Jules Mollere. Records include voting returns, lists of candidates and election workers, newspaper clippings, campaign posters, and membership cards, many of which refer to the political and social climate in Jefferson Parish at the time, and the various scandals the parish faced.
The collection contains meeting minutes from the Jefferson Parish School Board of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. The board meetings took place between 1969 and 1970 during the time that Elmo J. Bergeron was president of the school board. Included in the collection is a Jefferson Schools bulletin from 1970 March produced by the Jefferson Parish School Board.
One oversized folder containing Livingston Place sub-division plans on Metairie Road and a contract of sale pertaining to lots in Livingston Place for J. L. Ontario and Leach and Johnson by Guy J. Seghers.
The collection consists of the organizational records of the Metairie Woman's Club from its founding in 1939 to 1995. The club was established to promote civic, social, and philanthropic work in Metairie, Louisiana. The records include historical information about the organization, correspondence (1974-1995), committee reports, annual reports, agendas, financial reports, tape recordings of board meetings, minutes (1938-1994), scrapbooks, and presidents' books.
The collection consists of land title abstracts from the Security Building and Loan Association, primarily for the Sixth and Seventh Districts of Orleans Parish and Jefferson Parish. In addition, there are some title abstracts for land in St. Bernard Parish, St. Mary Parish, St. Tammany Parish, Plaquemines Parish, and Acadia Parish.