Archaeological sites -- Mexico
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
1950-2000. 3 color photographs (11" x 14") of structures at the archaeological site of Chichén Itzá in northern Yucatán, Mexico. The structures include the main pyramid called "El Castillo", the Templo de los Guerreros, and the third image is a shot of the Chacmol statue at the entrance of the Templo de los Guerreros.
1923-1954. 18 original pen and ink or pencil drawn plans made by Frans Blom of archaeological sites in Chiapas. The sites include: Chincultic, Cerro de la Batalla, region of Tenajapa-Guaquitepec, Tenam Puente, San Quintín, Cruz Chi, Sactón, Cedro, Kambal, Kayum C and Ojo de Agua, with original copies of Moxviquil, Canancax, Esperanzita and Ojo de Agua. Blom's list includes updated plans as early as 1923.
1950-2000. Color and black and white postcards of principal cities, archaeological sites, tourist venues, and landscapes from almost every state of the Republic of Mexico. Yucatán and Mexico City are the more highly represented locales. Postcards are arranged by state.
c.1890. Hand-tinted albumen print mounted on board (13" x 10") of the Casa Colorada ["Red House"] also known as Chich-an Chob at the archaeological site of Chichén Itzá, Mexico. Written and signed in pencil below, "No 7 The Red House Eduard H. Thompson"
1930. Gelatin silver print (13" x 9 1/4") of Stela 1 at the archaeological site of Uxmal. The piece is labeled on the verso side as "Uxmal Expedition for Chicago World's Fair by Tulane University 1930 Foto Dan Leyrer." The background around the stela image has been blacked out with ink. The photograph was published in Frans Blom's summary of the Tulane expedition's finds at Uxmal. Click on the link below for the bibliographic record in the Voyager catalog.
September 30-December 10, 1987. A preliminary report on the survey and excavations at Maya site of Chunyaxche, or Muyil, Quintana Roo, Mexico, in the summer of 1987. Included are biographical sketches of Witschey and W. Wyllys Andrews V. The bound report (Parte A) contains explanations for twelve 2' x 3' maps of the site. The material is in English and Spanish. 14 pieces.