Found in 68 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes correspondence, minutes, press clippings, membership lists, state and federal government pamphlets on employment security. The Louisiana State Advisory Council on Employment Security was led by Chairman Donald M. Halley during the administration of Governor Robert F. Kennon. The correspondence is to and from Halley and includes letters from J. Hadley Heard and Richard E. Walker, Administrators, Louisiana Department of Labor, Division of Employment Security.
Seven typescript volumes of minutes of the Louisiana State Museum in New Orleans from 1905 to 1934. They give accessions, financial information, attendance figures and distinguished visitors. Newspaper articles relating to the museum or to members of the Board are copied into the volumes.
The collection consists of correspondence, general papers, accounts, architectural plans, a photo album, and checkbook, all of which relate to the construction of the playground at R.M. Lusher Elementary School. Includes fund raising papers of Robert Bermudez and preliminary drawings and final architectural plans by William K. Turner of the Tulane School of Architecture.
The collection consists of the organizational records of the Metairie Woman's Club from its founding in 1939 to 1995. The club was established to promote civic, social, and philanthropic work in Metairie, Louisiana. The records include historical information about the organization, correspondence (1974-1995), committee reports, annual reports, agendas, financial reports, tape recordings of board meetings, minutes (1938-1994), scrapbooks, and presidents' books.
The collection consists of scrapbooks, membership rosters, photographs, newsletters, reports, and minutes of the Mid-City Kiwanis Club. There are also materials relating to club president Henry A. Gandolfo, including scrapbooks pertaining to his business, Albert Weiblen Marble and Granite Company.
The National Council of Jewish Women, Greater New Orleans Section records consist of annual reports, agendas, minutes, financial reports, scrapbooks, bulletins, programs, general files pamphlets, and correspondence with other local and national organizations.
Scrapbooks of the New Orleans Community Chest from its organization in 1924. Included are posters, placards, banners and other campaign materials used in the first Community Chest Drive, minutes and correspondence of several committees, and publicity on all Community Chest agencies and philanthropic activities in New Orleans. Of particular interest are items relating to the work of the Women's Educational Committee, the Community Chest Interpretation Projects.
The collection consists of financial records, board minutes, ledgers, membership lists, stock certificates, check stubs, correspondence, telegraphic cipher books, market reports for New Orleans and New York, visitor registers, and employee records.
Registers of the Fire Companies of New Orleans. The colection includes Constitutions and bylaws, Minutes of meetings, ledgers, receipt book, lists of members, roll call, records of fires attended, scrapbook, exempt call and expulsions.
The volume contains records of the New Orleans Girls' High School Alumnae Association, including minutes of the annual meetings and receptions, and reports of special activities. Also included are the brief biographical sketches of the members of the organization, and a brief essay on the early history of the New Orleans high schools by Miss Harriet A. Suter.
This collection consists of administrative records, correspondence, donor lists, minutes, and publications created during the operation of New Orleans Round Table of the National Conference of Christians and Jews. The goals of the organization were to teach the community the brotherhood of man and to share the experiences of World War II.
The collection consists of the business and financial records of the New Orleans Traffic and Transportation Bureau. Included are a history and list of functions of the Bureau, minutes, advertisements, reports, ledgers, journals, cash books, receipts, and trial balances. The Bureau was started in 1915 to promote the development of the Port of New Orleans by establishing competitive freight rate structures for water, rail, and truck transportation.
The collection consists of meeting minutes, correspondence, financial reports, scrapbooks, program packets, newspaper clippings, and pamphlets produced by the New Orleans YWCA during its regular operation between 1911 and 1981.
The collection is made up of minutes, correspondence, petitions, ordinances, an address, bonds, articles, company histories, receipts, currency, reports, and an autobiography relating to railroads in the South.
The collection consists of the Ruth McEnery Stuart Clan's historical and biographical information, constitution, and bylaws. It also contains clippings, lists of officers, correspondence, minutes from meetings, treasurer's reports, bank statements, yearbooks, as well as scrapbooks. The literary society was founded in 1915 by Judith Hyams Douglas, who named the society after her friend, author Ruth McEnery Stuart.
Volume 1 contains the minutes of the meetings of the Board of the Sophie L. Gumbel Home for Feebelminded Girls. The home, founded in 1917 as part of the Touro-Shakespeare Almshouse, became a separate institution in 1922 and is supported by public and private funds. Volume 2 contains 47 8x10 photos of boy students of the Sophie L. Gumbel School in 1972.
Record book of the South Methodist Episcopal Church. Contains minutes of the Quarterly Conference from 1900 to 1903 with lists of church members and baptisms.
The collection includes correspondence from the early days of the League (1921-1925), bulletins (1925-1947), membership lists (1925-1946), clippings (1922-1925), press lists (1927-1947), records of prizes of annual exhibitions and of donors to the Woodward Award Fund. Also included are financial records, artist files, exhibition catalogues, clippings, board minutes, circuit materials, and later correspondence (1926-1947).
The collection consists of the official records of the Southern Yacht Club of New Orleans, which was founded in 1849. Included are meeting minutes (1849-1978), registers, photographs, a volume of the organization's magazine, and material about the 1972 championship races.
This collection consists of correspondence to and from the church, financial records dating to the nineteenth century, vestry minutes, parish registers and services, sermon notes, reprints of articles and other printed materials, clippings, church bulletins, photographs, and choir books.
This collection is composed of the business records of Standard Fruit & Steamship Co. and related bodies, including the files of Salvador D'Antoni as well as administrative records throughout the corporate evolution of the company. Items include business papers, blueprints, newspapers, correspondence, minute books, articles of agreement, financial papers, minutes, contracts, telegrams, reports, clippings, and pamphlets.