Frans Blom Archaeological Site Plans
Identifier: Manuscripts-Collection 78
Scope and Contents
1923-1954. 18 original pen and ink or pencil drawn plans made by Frans Blom of archaeological sites in Chiapas. The sites include: Chincultic, Cerro de la Batalla, region of Tenajapa-Guaquitepec, Tenam Puente, San Quintín, Cruz Chi, Sactón, Cedro, Kambal, Kayum C and Ojo de Agua, with original copies of Moxviquil, Canancax, Esperanzita and Ojo de Agua. Blom's list includes updated plans as early as 1923.
- Blom, Frans Ferdinand, 1893-1963 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to the public. No known restrictions.
Biographical or Historical Information
Frans Blom was associated with Tulane University as director of the Middle American Research Institute from 1924-1941. Many of the holdings in the Latin American Library were acquired by Blom during that time. For a biography of his life, see Robert L. Brunhouse, Frans Blom, Maya Explorer (F1435.B63B78). An extensive collection of Blom manuscripts is located in the Bancroft Library (Z-R 8) at the University of California, Berkeley.
1 oversize folder
- Archaeological sites -- Mexico Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chiapas, Mexico Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of Mesoamerica -- Mexico Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of Mexico Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Plans (maps) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Description rules
- Other Unmapped
- Language of description