Amy Boudreau papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes poems by the poet laureate of New Orleans as well as published volumes, Christ Church Cathedral bulletins, brochures, and programs (1956-1977), the Veterans Administration Hospital programs (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 1935-1960), Le Petit Theatre programs (1961-1975), and the Roosevelt Hotel's Roosevelt Review issues (1952-1967), in which many of the poet's works appear. There are also newspaper clippings, records and recordings of music, correspondence (1953-1978), photographs, pamphlets, brochures, programs, scrapbooks, a cassette of poems, and yearbooks (1970-1977) from the Women of the Church, Christ Church Cathedral.
- Boudreau, Amy. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Amy Boudreau is considered the poet laureate of New Orleans as well as the poet laureate of Le Petit Theatre and Christ Church Cathedral. She was president of the New Orleans branch of the National Writers Club for twenty-three years. In 1950, Boudreau received the Medal of Paris from the Consul General of France for her poetry, commemorating the two thousandth anniversary of Paris. She also received the Certificate of Merit and was designated Honorary Acadian in 1955 for her poetry that celebrated the Acadian Bicentennial. Many of her poems reflect her interest in Christian and patriotic themes, the latter poems often extolling the virtues of France, Louisiana, and New Orleans.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by topic and is arranged as follows: published volumes by Boudreau; newspaper clippings; records and recordings of music; Christ Church Cathedral bulletins, programs and brochures; Veterans Administration Hospital programs; correspondence; photographs; pamphlets, brochures, and programs; yearbooks of Christ Church Cathedral; Roosevelt Review; Paris Week New Orleans; scrapbooks; and oversized folders of printed material, a portrait, and poems. The collection consists of one box, two volumes, and four oversize folders.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Joyce R. Wautlet. Date acquired: 08/03/1983.
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 748827369
Collection processed in 1983 by ML and JHE.
- Boudreau, Amy.
- American poetry -- Southern States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Christ Church Cathedral (New Orleans, La.)
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Poetry Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Roosevelt (Hotel : New Orleans, La.)
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
- Women poets, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description