Arthur A. Crais papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of correspondence, certificates, clippings, photographs, pamphlets, bills, minutes, and other materials that relate to Arthur A. Crais' career in the Louisiana House of Representatives from 1960 to 1972. Crais was particularly involved with Delgado Trade School, higher education, flood control, pharmacy workers, and political reapportionment. There is a large number of clippings that cover his political career from 1950 to 1972.
- Other: Date acquired: 11/06/1972
- Crais, Arthur Anthony, 1911-2000. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Arthur Anthony Crais (1911-2000) was born in New Orleans and married Agnes Lamarque in 1938. They had two children, Dion Elizabeth and Arthur A., Jr. A trained pharmacist, he was also secretary of the board of the Delgado Trades School in 1953. Crais was a member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from 1960 to 1972.
The collection is arranged by topic, then chronologically, as follows: correspondence, political materials, and clippings. The collection consists of two boxes.
Source of Acquisition
Arthur A. Crais and Arthur A. Crais, Jr.
Method of Acquisition
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 818672222
Collection processed in 1979 by HB.
- Crais, Arthur Anthony, 1911-2000.
- Morrison, deLesseps S. (deLesseps Story), 1912-1964.
- Bills (legislative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Certificates Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Delgado Vocational-Technical Junior College.
- Education -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Louisiana. Legislature. House of Representatives.
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Arthur A. Crais papers
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description