Benjamin Morgan Harrod papers
Scope and Contents
The Benjamin Morgan Harrod papers consists primarily of materials about the construction of the Panama Canal, as well as flood control and navigation. Included is correspondence, a minutebook of the Isthian Canal Commission, a speech by Harrod, photographs, reports, and a bound volume.
- Harrod, Benjamin Morgan. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Benjamin Morgan Harrod (1837-1912), son of Mary Morgan and Charles L. Harrod, was an engineer and served in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. He was also a member of the Mississippi River Commission, the Isthmian Canal Commission, and President of the American Society of Chemical Engineers.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by medium, beginning with correspondence; arranged chronologically, a minutebook, a speech, photographs, reports, and a bound volume. The collection is made up of two boxes.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Benjamin Morgan Harrod and Richard Foster. Date acquired: 11/30/1955.
Accruals and Additions
Additional material added to the collection in 1963 and 1982.
Collection processed in 1974.
- Harrod, Benjamin Morgan.
- American Society of Chemical Engineers.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flood control Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Isthmian Canal Commission (U.S.).
- Minute books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Panama Canal (Panama) -- Construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. New Orleans District -- History.
- United States. Mississippi River Commission.
- Benjamin Morgan Harrod papers
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description