George A. Saunders Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection of office records comes from New Orleans architect George A. Saunders (1920-2006) and his collaboration with John W. Lawrence (1923-1971) and William Calongne (Lawrence and Saunders; Lawrence, Saunders, and Calongne). These records include project drawings from Lawrence and Saunders, dating from the late-1950s through the 1960s, and project drawings for work done under his own name (George A. Saunders; George A. Saunders and Associates), dating through the 1980s. Drawings feature academic, commercial, business, religious, and residential projects in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana.
- Saunders, George A., 1920-2006 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at email@example.com.
6.13 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection is arranged by project.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records were given by George A. Saunders to Tulane in 2000.
- Architecture -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- architectural drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description