Maurice Singer Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection of records from New Orleans architect Maurice Singer (1922-1980)'s office, as well as those from Pique and Singer (Harold E. Pique 1921-2001), includes mostly residential projects and some small commercial structures. New Orleans encompasses the majority of projects, but buildings throughout Louisiana are also reflected.
- Singer, Maurice, 1922-1980 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biographical / Historical
Singer and Pique were both graduates of the Tulane School of Architecture. Pique also was head of campus planning at Tulane University for a number of years. Pique wrote a book on Creole cuisine in 1989, which is available at Tulane’s Louisiana Research Collection.
73.33 Linear Feet (22 folders)
Language of Materials
Collection is arranged by project.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records were given by Audrey Singer, Maurice Singer’s widow, to Tulane in 1984.
- Architecture -- Louisiana -- New Orleans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- architectural drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description