Skip to main content

Diboll and Owen, Limited Office Records

 Collection
Identifier: SEAA-134

Scope and Contents

This collection of records, from New Orleans architects Diboll and Owen, Limited (Collins Cere Diboll, Sr., 1869-1936; Allison Owen, Sr., 1869-1951), includes a few original tracings and blueprints for project drawings featuring New Orleans buildings. Drawings for the former New Orleans Public Library at Lee Circle, Milne Boys Home, Orleans Parish Criminal Courts Building, and First Methodist Church are maintained. Plans for the Calliope and Lafitte public housing projects were produced in association with other architects.

Dates

  • 1906–1972

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at specialcollections@tulane.edu.

Extent

25.91 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

English

Arrangement

This collection is arranged into two series: Series 1: Project Drawings; Series 2: Project Photographs, Correspondence, and Miscellaneous.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Records were given by Allison Owen, Jr. to Tulane in 1973. Drawings for housing projects were given by Collins C. Diboll, Jr. to Tulane in 1980.

Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Tulane University Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Jones Hall Room 202
6801 Freret Street
New Orleans 70118 US