John W. Lawrence Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection of project drawings, from New Orleans architect and educator John W. Lawrence (1923-1971)'s office, were produced during partnerships with other New Orleans architects. Commissions date to the early period of Lawrence’s career, and include academic, medical, residential, and religious buildings throughout Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Lawrence, John W., 1923- 1971 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biographical / Historical
Lawrence was the dean of the Tulane School of Architecture from 1961 until his death. Partnerships represented include John W. Lawrence and Sam T. Hurst (1951), John W. Lawrence and George A. Saunders (1951-1954), Lawrence, Saunders, and Calongne (1954-ca.1960), Lawrence and Saunders (ca.1960-1971).
10.00 Linear Feet (3 folders)
Language of Materials
Collection is arranged by project.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records were given by John W. Lawrence’s widow to Tulane in 1982.
- Architecture -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- architectural drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description