A. Hays Town Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes project drawings for academic, civic, religious, residential, and transport buildings, which were taken from Baton Rouge architect A. Hays Town (1903-2001)'s office and predecessor office, Overstreet and Town (Noah Webster Overstreet [b. 1898] of Jackson, Mississippi [partnership active 1931-1939]).
- Town, A. Hays, 1903-2005 (Person)
- Overstreet and Town (Organization)
- Overstreet, Noah Webster (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biographical / Historical
During the earlier part of his career, Town designed a number of important public buildings in the International style including East Baton Rouge Airport and Iberia Parish Court House, both in Louisiana. He was also prolific in designing residential projects in traditional Louisiana styles.
40.00 Linear Feet (12 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by project.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records were given by A. Hays Town to Tulane in 1984.
- Architectural drawings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Architecture -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- International style (Architecture) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description