Ernest E. Verges and Associates Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection of records from New Orleans architects Ernest E. Verges and Associates (Ernest E. Verges, b. 1920), as well as records from predecessor offices, includes project drawings for academic, business (with an emphasis on banks), medical, and religious, and residential buildings. Projects largely took place in New Orleans, but also include several throughout Louisiana and Alabama.
- Ernest E. Verges and Associates (1968-1980s) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
Office chronology: H.T. Underwood (Henry Tombler Underwood) (1952-1958); H.T. Underwood and Associates (1958-1963); Underwood, Verges, and Associates (1963-1968); Ernest E. Verges and Associates 1968-1980s.
206.67 Linear Feet (63 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by project.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records were given by Ernest E. Verges and Associates to Tulane in 1985 and 1999.
- Architectural drawings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Architecture -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description