John Geiser, Incorporated Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection of records from John Geiser, Incorporated — painting and interior decorating contractors of New Orleans — includes project drawings, watercolor renderings, stencils for projects, and some correspondence.
- John Geiser, Incorporated (1907-1983) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
The company was founded by John Geiser (1869-1943) in 1907. His son John Geiser, Jr. learned the business and eventually became head of the company. He was later joined by his son, John Geiser, III. John Geiser, Incorporated continued in operation until 1983. In its day, it was the premier painting and decorating company in New Orleans.
150.17 Linear Feet (22 boxes)
Language of Materials
Arrangement pending; no current inventory.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records were given by John Geiser, Jr. and John Geiser, III in two main groups, the first in 1972, and the second in 1983.
- Language of description
- Script of description