William C. Williams and Brother Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection of records, from the New Orleans architectural office of William C. Williams and Brother (with William C. Williams, 1860-? and C. Milo Williams, 1867-1954), includes project drawings and one land survey created by the Williams family featuring the Carrollton section of New Orleans, Louisiana. Earliest records date from 1863 to 1868, and are associated with the Williams brothers’ father, city surveyor William H. Williams (1817-1886), who platted Carrollton when it was part of Jefferson Parish.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is the physical property of Tulane University Special Collections. Copyright belongs to the creators or their legal heirs and assigns. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or owner’s heir for permission to publish where Tulane University Special Collections does not hold the copyright. For further information, please contact Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biographical / Historical
Office chronology: William C. Williams and Brother (Ca. 1889-1895); Williams Brothers (Ca. 1895-1900); C. Milo Williams (Ca. 1900-1933).
2.64 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by project, and includes addresses if known.
Architectural drawings of the Williams brothers, and photographic glass plate negatives (C. Milo Williams Photographs, SEAA Collection 149) were purchased by Samuel Wilson, Jr. at a sale of the contents of the Williams family home at 1035 South Carrollton Avenue, New Orleans, in the mid-1960s. Wilson gave the negatives to Tulane in 1968. He later gave the architectural drawings to Tulane in 1973.
- Language of description
- Script of description