Rosalie Allen papers
Scope and Contents
Rosalie Allen worked for the Army Signal Corps Photographic Laboratory before and during World War II. A large section of the collection is devoted to photographs with typed captions, many of them public relations images produced by the United States Army during World War II. There are also pamphlets, bulletins, correspondence, and theater programs in the collection. Allen corresponded with the wife of Winfield Scott Clime, who filmed the Wright Brothers' flights and later donated the film to the National Archives.
The collection is stored offsite. Researchers must contact email@example.com at least two business days (48 business hours) in advance for access to these materials.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Rosalie Allen worked for the Army Signal Corps Photographic Laboratory before and during World War II. In 1943 she was an administrative assistant for the supply section. One member of her family, a "Mrs. Allen" (Florence Elmore Bowles), lived in Ascension Parish, Louisiana during the early 1900s. A Mr. B.D. Allen of Donaldsonville, Louisiana, was an air raid warden during World War II.
4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged alphabetically by topic. The collection consists of five boxes. It is four linear feet.
Collection processed in 2011 by LAC Group.
- Clime, Winfield Scott.
- Bulletins Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Negatives (photographic) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Theater programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army Pictorial Service.
- United States. Army. Signal Corps.
- War photography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rosalie Allen papers
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note