Dorothy Thomas Hardie papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of personal, professional, and family papers of Dorothy Thomas Hardie of New Orleans, La. Included are handwritten correspondence, post cards, greeting cards, telegrams, photographs, negatives and slides, diplomas, certificates, architectural plans, landscape design client lists, ledgers, a drawing, a scrapbook with handwritten notes and pressed flowers, invitations and other items of social ephemera including New Orleans Carnival ephemera, articles and other printed items.
- Hardie, Dorothy Thomas, 1910-1988 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Dorothy Thomas Hardie (1910-1988) was a landscape architect and garden consultant in New Orleans. Originally named Dorothy May Thomas, she first married Reuben Carnal Penick (1906-1942) and later married Walter Stauffer Hardie (1907-1987). Her nickname was Baby. Travel photographs and post cards in the collection often feature gardens.
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes and 1 oversized folder)
Language of Materials
Arranged by document type.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired in 1989 from Rawley Penick III and Claire Penick of New Orleans.
- Carnival -- Louisiana -- New Orleans Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Gardens -- Design Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Hardie, Dorothy Thomas, 1910-1988
- Landscape architects -- United States Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- New Orleans (La) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Dorothy Thomas Hardie papers finding aid
- Written for OCLC by Susanna Powers.
- 2016 December 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note