Kate A. Holmes papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of literary papers of Kate A. Holmes of New Orleans, La. Included are poems with citations, typed and signed by the author during the early 1970s. Her notes indicate that these were published in various journals between 1950 and 1973. Subjects of poems include description of New Orleans and Mardi Gras. Also included are newspaper clippings of short articles written by Kate Holmes.
- Holmes, Kate A., 1896-1975 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Kate A. Holmes (1896-1975) was a New Orleans writer specializing in poetry and short stories. Her address in 1973 was 2912 Prytania St.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Arranged by document type.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired in 1973 from Kate A. Holmes.
- American literature -- Southern States -- Women authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American poetry -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Carnival -- Louisiana -- New Orleans Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Holmes, Kate A., 1896-1975
- New Orleans (La) -- History Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Kate A. Holmes papers finding aid
- Written for OCLC by Susanna Powers.
- 2016 November 29
- Language of description
- Script of description