Hooks family collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of clippings, scrapbooks, theater programs, music exercises, photographs, correspondence, and recital programs. There are programs from solo performances by Sarah Bernhardt (1844-1923) and Enrico Caruso (1873-1921). The scrapbooks contain material about Mrs. Dupuy L. Harrison and her music school, in addition to articles about her activities with the Cercle Lyrique, Athénée louisianais, and the New Orleans Music Teachers' Association. They also contain clippings about various musical performances and performers throughout the New Orleans area.
- Hooks family. (Family)
The collection is stored offsite. Researchers must contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days (48 business hours) in advance for access to these materials.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Elise Baynard Liverman and Henry T. Liverman are the parents of Ema L. Hooks. Mrs. Thomas F. Hooks may be Ema L. Hooks. Mrs. Dupuy L. Harrison was a voice teacher and owned a music school. In addition, she was active with the Cercle Lyrique, Athénée louisianais, and the New Orleans Music Teachers' Association.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by format. The collection consists of one box and three volumes. It is 2 linear feet.
Collection processed in 2011 by LAC Group.
- Bernhardt, Sarah, 1844-1923.
- Harrison, Dupuy L., Mrs.
- Athénée louisianais (New Orleans, La.)
- Baynard family.
- Cercle Lyrique (New Orleans, La.)
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New Orleans Music Teachers' Association.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Theater programs Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Voice teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hooks family collection
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note