George Statler collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of paper items collected by George Statler, Jr., of New Orleans, La. Included are unmailed post cards depicting artworks, scenes in New Orleans, other places in the United States, and Europe; photographs of the home of Fred Peters on Camp Street in the 1890s; and other printed items including maps, travel souvenirs, programs, and newspaper sections.
- Statler, George, Jr., active 1970 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
George Statler, Jr., of New Orleans, La., was a grandson of Fred Peters, whose Camp Street home is featured in 1890s photographs. Mr. Statler was the collector and donor of this collection.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Arranged by document type and by subject of image on post cards.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired in 1970 from George Statler, Jr., of New Orleans, La.
- New Orleans (La) -- Buildings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New Orleans (La) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Peters family.
- George Statler collection finding aid
- Written for OCLC by Susanna Powers.
- 2016 June 27
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description