Mary B. Walle collection
Scope and Contents
This collection primarily consists of printed items collected by Mary B. Walle of Louisiana. Included are pamphlets, brochures, restaurant and banquet menus, programs, reports, advertisements, holiday greetings, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other printed items. Topics represented include Louisiana politicians such as Huey P. Long, Earl K. Long, Chep Morrison, Sam Jones and others; the Ku Klux Klan; Le Petit Théâtre du Vieux Carré; the Sugar Bowl; and the Mississippi River bridge later named for Huey P. Long. Some items are undated.
- Walle, Mary B., 1908-1996 (collector., Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Miss Mary B. Walle (1908-1996) attended college at Loyola University in New Orleans. She was one of two state stenographers to whom Huey P. Long dictated his life story. She was a collector of Louisiana-related manuscripts and other papers.
1 Linear Feet (0.5 (1 box) (linear feet))
Language of Materials
Arranged by document type and topic.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired in 1959 from Mary B. Walle of New Orleans, La., via Kenneth Trist Urquhart..
- Long, Huey Pierce, 1893-1935.
- Huey P Long Bridge (Jefferson Parish, La) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Jones, Sam H. (Sam Houston), 1897-1978
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- : Louisiana.
- Long, Earl Kemp, 1895-1960
- Louisiana -- Politics and government -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Morrison, deLesseps S. (deLesseps Story), 1912-1964
- New Orleans (La) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Petit Théâtre du Vieux Carré (New Orleans, La.)
- Politicians -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Sugar Bowl (Football game)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description