Harnett T. Kane papers
This collection consists of literary papers of Louisiana author Harnett Kane. Included are original edited typescripts of historical novels and essays including: Natchez on the Mississippi, Bride of fortune, and Louisiana hayride.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Harnett Thomas Kane (1910-1984) was born in New Orleans, La., and attended Tulane University. He wrote on historical topics, primarily about Louisiana and Southern people and places. The work published as Bride of fortune, about Varina and Jefferson Davis, was previously titled The President's Wife. Louisiana Hayride is about the times of Gov. Huey P. Long of Louisiana.
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes. )
Language of Materials
Arranged by literary work.
Other Finding Aids
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Mr. Kane in 1949.
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889.
- Davis, Varina, 1826-1906. (Davis, Varina Howell.)
- Long, Huey Pierce, 1893-1935.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Confederate States of America -- History -- Fiction Subject Source: Local sources
- Governors -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Louisiana -- Politics and government -- 1865- 1950 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Natchez (Miss) -- History Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Natchez Trace Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Southern States -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction Subject Source: Local sources
- Harnett T. Kane papers Archive Space Finding Aid
- Information created for OCLC by Susanna Powers. Edited and entered into Archive Space by Andrew Mullins, III.
- 2016 March 14
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description