Jefferson Democratic Association records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains files, photographs, and correspondence of the Jefferson Democratic Association, a political organization in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, founded and led by Jules Mollere. Records include voting returns, lists of candidates and election workers, newspaper clippings, campaign posters, and membership cards, many of which refer to the political and social climate in Jefferson Parish at the time, and the various scandals the parish faced.
- Jefferson Democratic Association (Jefferson Parish, La.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
7 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection consists of 16 boxes and 2 oversize folders. It is 7 linear feet.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Hugh Oliver. Date acquired: 07/12/1967.
Collection preliminarily processed in 1997.
- Census tracts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Congressional districts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Democratic Party (La.)
- Jefferson Democratic Association (Jefferson Parish, La.)
- Jefferson Parish (La) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deborah Dixon
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description