Friday Afternoon Club records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of minutes, treasurers' reports, membership lists, hostesses' notebooks, program announcement post cards, and other records of the Friday Afternoon Club in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Friday Afternoon Club (New Orleans, La.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
This local women's organization was founded in 1911. The club often hosted cultural lectures at its meetings.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by material type and chronologically. It consists of 3 boxes and 8 volumes, and is 2 linear feet.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from the Officers of the Friday Afternoon Club. Date acquired: 02/05/1979.
Accruals and Additions
Various accruals to the collection made in 1986, 1998, 2005, and 2016.
- Contracts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Friday Afternoon Club (New Orleans, La.)
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- New Orleans (La) -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women -- Louisiana -- New Orleans -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Louisiana -- New Orleans -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eira Tansey
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- Accruals added in 2016 by Andrew Mullins, III