John P. Dyer papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of material from former Tulane University College dean John P. Dyer, including personal correspondence, materials from New Orleans Rotary, ephemera from Tulane Night Performances, as well as his publication research and portions of some manuscripts. Also included are his reference materials on the Civil war and the Confederacy, night and adult colleges, a Bible, as well as two scrapbooks and three plaques.
- 1878-1968 (bulk: 1951-1966)
- Dyer, John P. (John Percy), 1902- (Person)
The collection is stored offsite. Researchers must contact email@example.com at least two business days (48 business hours) in advance for access to these materials.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
John P. Dyer was University College Dean at Tulane University from 1948 to 1968. He was well known for his writings on the Civil War as well as the book, Tulane: The Biography of a University. Dyer was a champion of adult evening education.
11 Linear Feet (22 Boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged chronologically. The collection consists of 22 boxes and 3 bound volumes. It is 11 linear feet.
Collection processed in 2010 by LAC Group.
- Dyer, John P. (John Percy), 1902-
- Civil War Round Table.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Confederate States of America Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Confederate States of America. Army -- History.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rotary Club of New Orleans.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Tulane University -- History.
- Tulane University.
- Writings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Carol Eiseman papers
- LAC Group. Edited by Andrew Mullins, III.
- 2013 July 7
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note