Chevra Thilim records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the records of Congregation Chevra Thilim, an Orthodox congregation that was founded in 1875. The congregation merged with Tikvat Shalom in 1999, and the two conservative congregations adopted the name Shir Chadash. The collection includes charters, bylaws, contracts, minutes, board of director records, membership lists, seating charts, notes, auxiliary group records, treasurer reports and other financial records, cemetery records, programs and newsletters.
- 1915-1998 (bulk: 1947-1990)
- Congregation Chevra Thilim (Organization)
The collection is stored offsite. Researchers must contact email@example.com at least two business days (48 business hours) in advance for access to these materials.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
39 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged alphabetically then chronologically by subject. The collection consists of 78 boxes and 8 volumes. It is 39 linear feet.
Other Descriptive Information
Shir Chadash, the congregation formed by the Chevra Thilim and Tikvat Shalom merger, is located in Metairie.
Collection processed in 2010 by LAC Group.
- Bulletins Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Burial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Congregation Chevra Thilim
- Jews -- Louisiana -- New Orleans Subject Source: Local sources
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Orthodox Judaism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chevra Thilim records
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note