Antonio Guelle papers
Scope and Contents
The papers include handwritten and typed biographical material, transcripts of speeches, printed material, financial documents including ledger books and checks, work notes and the correspondence of Antonio Guelle. Materials are in both English and Spanish.
- Guelle, Antonio. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Antonio Guelle, born in Costa Rica in 1882, studied mechanical engineering at Louisiana State University, receiving his bachelor's degree in 1905, master's degree in 1906, and masters of engineering degree in 1907. He held further research and instructional positions in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Massachusetts. He worked with Louisiana sugar planters to improve efficiency, taught at Louisiana State University, held positions supervising and consulting at a factory in Santa Lucia, Cuba, and worked in construction engineering in New Orleans.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged as follows: biographical material, a speech, printed material, course material, notebook, correspondence, and handbook. The collection consists of 1 box. It is 0.5 linear foot.
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Antonio Guelle.
Method of Acquisition
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 316509708
Collection probably processed during the 1990s by H.B. Original collection-level record created in Archon in June 2010.
- Costa Ricans -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Engineers -- Louisiana -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mechanical engineering -- Study and teaching -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mechanical engineering -- United States -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Handbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notebooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Speeches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sugar trade -- Louisiana -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sugar trade -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Eira Tansey
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note