Earl N. Harbert manuscripts
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the author's proof copy of 15 American authors before 1900, edited by Earl N. Harbert and Robert A. Rees and published by the University of Wisconsin Press in 1971 for $12.50. Harbert was an associate professor of English at Tulane University.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with the U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Earl N. Harbert (1934- ) was an author of literary criticism, and professor of English at Tulane University. He wrote in collaboration with other scholars, including Donald Pizer, Miriam Shillingsburg, and Robert A. Rees. In Fifteen American Authors before 1900 (1971), both Earl Harbert and Robert Rees contributed chapters, in addition to serving as editors.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection is arranged in numerical order by chapter. The collection consists of one box. It is 0.5 linear foot.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Earl N. Harbert. Date acquired: 10/05/1973.
Collection originally processed in 1972. First created in Archon on 5/5/2010. Updated with creator and subject headings on 7/27/2010.
- American literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rees, Robert A., 1935- Fifteen American authors before 1900.
- Authors, American -- 19th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Book editors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Galley proofs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tulane University. Dept. of English.
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Jazmin Smith
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description