Alfred Talbot Richardson papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of original and transcribed business correspondence, photographs, and a published monograph, titled Forebears Fareing, by Otis Dunbar Richardson, which includes biographical information about the extended Richardson family history. Business letters in the collection deal with sale of land and property, timber production, and personnel and racial issues, including mention of the Ku Klux Klan.
- Richardson, Alfred Talbot. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Alfred Talbot Richardson (1865-1953) was an executive in the Ragley Lumber Company in Ragley, Louisiana, and later in the Gulf Lumber Company in Fullerton, Louisiana during the early twentieth century. He is the co-editor of the Life, letters, and travels of Father de Smet, along with Hiram Martin Chittenden (1905).
1.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged as follows: correspondence, transcripts, photographs, and Forbears' Fareing. The collection consists of 1 box. It is 1.5 linear feet.
Collection processed in 1997 by MLL. Archon collection-level record created in February, 2010.
- Richardson, Alfred Talbot.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gulf Lumber Company (Fullerton, La.).
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Louisiana.
- Louisiana -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Louisiana -- Politics and government -- 20th century Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Louisiana -- Social conditions -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumber trade -- Louisiana -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Race relations -- Southern States -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ragley Lumber Company (Ragley, La.)
- Richardson family.
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Eira Tansey
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note