A.B. Paterson papers
Scope and Contents
The collection is made up of A.B. Paterson's photographs, newspaper clippings, memorial material, a photograph album, awards, and scrapbooks. Paterson was one of the founders of the International House, a member of Young Men's Business Club of New Orleans, and active with the New Orleans Area Council Boy Scouts of America, Louisiana State Board of Industry and Commerce, and New Orleans Aviation Board.
- Other: Date acquired: 09/08/1988
- Paterson, A. B. (Albert Barnett) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
A.B. Patterson (1883-1952) was a New Orleans businessman and civic leader. He was active with the New Orleans Area Council of Boy Scouts of America, the Louisiana State Board of Industry and Commerce (1937-1938), and the New Orleans Aviation Board. Paterson was also one of the fourteen founders of the International House in New Orleans in 1943.
The collection is arranged by topic, as follows: awards and commendations; family photograph album; scrapbook of newspaper clippings; personal papers; loose newspaper clippings; photograph album on Arkansas Light and Power; and Paterson photographs. The collection consists of three boxes.
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Eugene Countiss.
Method of Acquisition
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 788532392
Collection processed in 1996 by H.B.
- Paterson, A. B. (Albert Barnett)
- Awards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Boy Scouts of America. New Orleans Area Council.
- Businessmen -- Louisiana -- New Orleans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- International House (New Orleans, La.)
- Louisiana. State Board of Industry and Commerce.
- New Orleans (La.). Aviation Board.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Men's Business Club of New Orleans.
- A.B. Paterson papers
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description