A.B. Paterson papers
Identifier: LaRC-Manuscripts Collection -908
The collection is made up of A.B. Paterson's photographs, newspaper clippings, memorial material, a photograph album, awards, and scrapbooks. Paterson was one of the founders of the International House, a member of Young Men's Business Club of New Orleans, and active with the New Orleans Area Council Boy Scouts of America, Louisiana State Board of Industry and Commerce, and New Orleans Aviation Board.
- Other: Date acquired: 09/08/1988
- Paterson, A. B. (Albert Barnett) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
A.B. Patterson (1883-1952) was a New Orleans businessman and civic leader. He was active with the New Orleans Area Council of Boy Scouts of America, the Louisiana State Board of Industry and Commerce (1937-1938), and the New Orleans Aviation Board. Paterson was also one of the fourteen founders of the International House in New Orleans in 1943.
The collection is arranged by topic, as follows: awards and commendations; family photograph album; scrapbook of newspaper clippings; personal papers; loose newspaper clippings; photograph album on Arkansas Light and Power; and Paterson photographs. The collection consists of three boxes.
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Eugene Countiss.
Method of Acquisition Gift.
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 788532392
Collection processed in 1996 by H.B.
- Paterson, A. B. (Albert Barnett)
- Boy Scouts of America. New Orleans Area Council.
- Businessmen -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- International House (New Orleans, La.)
- Louisiana. State Board of Industry and Commerce.
- New Orleans (La.). Aviation Board.
- Photograph albums.
- Young Men's Business Club of New Orleans.
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Language of description
- 09099999: Finding aid information entered in Archon by LAC Group in 2011.