Maud O'Bryan Ronstrom papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a biography, correspondence (1942-1979), photographs, invitations, newspaper clippings (1935-1970s), programs, and movie star memorabilia. There are biographies in addition to photographs of movie stars. Maud O'Bryan Ronstrom was a columnist for the Times-Picayune and the States-Item who wrote a daily advertising column. The clippings are of Ronstrom's own column and writings.
- Other: Date acquired: 11/30/1977
- Ronstrom, Maud O'Bryan. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Maud O'Bryan Ronstrom (1910-1979) was a columnist for the Times-Picayune and the States-Item. A Louisiana native, she wrote a daily advertising column and was married to Dr. George Nelson Ronstrom. She received her bachelor's degree in journalism from Louisiana State University in 1932.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by topic as follows: biographical material, correspondence, invitations, clippings, programs, and movie star material. The collection consists of two boxes.
Source of Acquisition
Maud O'Bryan and George Ronstrom.
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 786172352
Collection processed by N.B.
- Ronstrom, Maud O'Bryan.
- American newspapers -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Biographies Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Invitations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Motion picture actors and actresses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women journalists -- Louisiana -- New Orleans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maud O'Bryan Ronstrom papers
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note