John Wilds papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of the manuscript of John Wilds' book, Afternoon Story, a history of the New Orleans States-Item, published in 1976 by the Louisiana State University Press. The papers consist of first, second, and third drafts of his manuscript as well as notes on writing the book.
- Other: Date acquired: 04/06/1979
- Wilds, John. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
John Wilds was city editor and special writer for the New Orleans States-Item. He is the author of Afternoon Story, a history of the New Orleans States-Item, published in 1976 by the Louisiana State University Press. Wilds is also the author of Crises, Clashes, and Cures: A Century of Medicine in New Orleans. The book, published in 1978 by the Orleans Parish Medical Society, was illustrated by John Chase with an introduction by Charles Dufour. He wrote New Orleans, Yesterday and Today: A Guide to the City with John Chase, Charles L. Dufour, Osborne K. Leblanc, and Walter G. Cowan.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged as follows: manuscript of Afternoon Story, manuscript of Hot Lead and Hot Heads, other manuscripts, and notes. The collection consists of four boxes.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 789357982
- Wilds, John.
- American newspapers -- Louisiana Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Journalists -- Louisiana -- New Orleans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, La.). Press.
- Manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Research notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note