Alice Monroe Labouisse papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains photographs, correspondence, bills and receipts, cards and invitations, clippings, church publications, and photo albums. There is a commonplace book of Alice Blanc dated 1875 September and 1876 that includes observations on the United States Centennial in Philadelphia. The photograph albums include images of the Gulf Coast, North Carolina, New York, and New Orleans (buildings). There are also family photographs of the Labouisse family as well as desk diaries of Alice Monroe Labouisse.
- Labouisse, Alice Monroe. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Alice Monroe Labouisse was married to Samuel Stanhope Labouisse, Sr. Their Children are Frank Monroe Labouisse (b. 1911), Samuel S. Labouisse, Jr. (b. 1909), and David Nindes Labouisse (b. 1918). Her husband belonged to the architectural firm of DeBuys, Churchill, and Labouisse.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged as follows: photographs, correspondence, financial records, other papers, clippings, desk diaries, commonplace book, and photo albums. The collection consists of two boxes.
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 778099078
Collection processed in 1975 by WEM; 1990 inventory ML.
- Hogan, John E.
- Labouisse, Alice Monroe.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Commonplace books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Invitations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Labouisse family.
- Labouisse, Samuel Stanhope., 1879 - 1918
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description