Cesil Kohlman Levin collection
Scope and Contents
This artificial collection brings together official papers of the New Orleans Brandeis Women's Committee as well as the New Orleans Chapter of Hadassah. Materials include by-laws, constitutions, membership lists, correspondence, financial reports, minutes, study group notes, newspaper clippings, photographs, bulletins, a scrapbook, as well as items for fundraising activities. There are also some materials relating to the Jewish Federation of New Orleans.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1970s
- Other: Date acquired: 09/08/1996
- Levin, Cesil Kohlman. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by topic as follows: by laws and constitutions, membership, correspondence, financial material, fundraising activities, community outreach activities, clippings, photographs, bulletins, audio and video material, scrapbook, and a pewter tray. The collection consists of five boxes.
Source of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
Additional materials added to the collection in 1997.
Collection processed in 1996 by HB.
- Levin, Zolly.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brandeis University Women's Committee. New Orleans Chapter (New Orleans, La.)
- Bulletins Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America. New Orleans Chapter (New Orleans, La.)
- Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans.
- Jewish women -- Louisiana -- New Orleans -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Louisiana -- New Orleans -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- LAC Group
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note