League of Women Voters of New Orleans records
The collection consists of administrative records chiefly of the New Orleans and Baton Rouge League of Women Voters, including financial records, minutes, correspondence, clippings, scrapbooks, memorabilia, broadsides, informational flyers, and mimeographed sheets.
- Other: Date acquired: 01/07/1980
- League of Women Voters of New Orleans. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. No known restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Louisiana Research Collection. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
38.50 Linear Feet
The collection is arranged by topical series and sub-series. It is 38.5 linear feet. Folders are labeled according to collection number-series number-sub-series number-box-folder. For example, 556-4-1-1-10 would mean Collection 556, Series 4, Sub-series 1, Box 1, Folder 10.
Technical Access Requirements
LaRC does not have equipment available to play audiovisual materials. Please ask a staff member if your research requries use of these materials.
Source of Acquisition
League of Women Voters of New Orleans.
Method of Acquisition Gift.
Accruals and Additions
Accruals to collection since original date of acquisition.
Other Descriptive Information
OCLC Number: 320550991 More information on LaRC's political holdings can be found here: http://larc.tulane.edu/help/guides/politics
Collection reprocessed by Miranda Heater and Lauren Kwiatkowski in 2012-2013.
- Election law -- United States -- Louisiana.
- League of Women Voters (Baton Rouge, La.)
- Louisiana -- Politics and government.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Politics and government.
- Suffrage -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- Voting -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Women -- Political activity -- United States -- History.
- Women's rights -- United States -- History.
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Miranda Heater, Lauren Kwiatkowski, Eira Tansey
- Description rules
- Language of description