Johnston, William Preston.
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of professional papers of Brandt V. B. Dixon, concerning the early days of Newcomb College in New Orleans, La. Included are handwritten correspondence, financial documents, audio recordings of Dixon's voice, newspaper clippings and other printed items. Correspondents include Randall Lee Gibson, William P. Johnston, Josephine L. Newcomb, William O. Rogers, and Ellsworth Woodward.
This collection consists of personal and professional papers of members of the Hurt family of Louisiana, particularly of Ashley Davis Hurt. Included are handwritten and typed correspondence, school papers, a poem, speeches, certificates, newspaper clippings and other printed items. A. D. Hurt's correspondents include William Preston Johnston and William O. Rogers. Also included are items relating to the Robinson family.
- Correspondence 2
- Articles 1
- Classical languages -- Study and teaching -- United States 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- College administrators -- United States 1
- College presidents 1
- Diaries 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Educators -- United States 1
- Generals -- Confederate States of America 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- New Orleans (La) -- History -- 19th century 1
- New Orleans (La) -- Intellectual life -- 19th century 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- School administrators -- Louisiana 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Southern States -- Intellectual life -- 19th century 1
- Stationery 1
- Universities and colleges -- Louisiana 1
- Universities and colleges -- Louisiana -- New Orleans -- History 1 ∧ less